I have developed an Environmental Art for Sustainability Program (EASP) and will be implementing the EASP in York Region and Southern Ontario in 2012. I am very excited to be test launching this program in York Region. Here is a little info about EASP…
The Environmental Art for Sustainability Program (EASP) consists of the following components:
- Personal development component: helping participants and clients to establish ecologically sustainable behaviours, daily consumption habits and values, to reduce their ecological footprint and become community stewards and environmental leaders.
- Environmental Artwork for Community sustainability: This component is designed to educate and inform participants and the general public, as well as targeted businesses and industries/sectors, about their challenges in meeting environmental sustainability, and environmental impacts they are responsible for; in addition to, providing them with clear and viable solutions to reducing their ecological footprint. Through the use of visual art, art methods (painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, installation art, digital design and animation), students/participants of the program are able to create works of art that express solutions and tell a specific story in a compelling, liminal and experiential manner.
- Art consultation and creativity consulting services:This project includes:
- Art on the Go traveling/portable art exhibitions about environmentally and socially-themed artwork;
- Career/professional networking and development for artists; and
- Weekly “Creativity Matters” support group and networking to help build capacity within a community, and serve as a community hub, sustainability generator and creativity incubator.
If you would like to get involved, please contact Les Luxemburger at: 289-340-0128, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact ART on the Go at: email@example.com.